From caring for a succulent houseplant at the Plant Hotel to creating a detailed planting scheme for a 2 acre garden, there are many different ways Cybill and Jones can positively affect the natural world around us. All garden maintenance work by Cybill and Jones incorporates wildlife gardening jobs appropriate for a particular time of the year such as planting wildlife friendly seeds in May and topping up bird baths in the summer.
The principal guidelines that Cybill and Jones follow with all planting projects include:
- Use peat free compost
- Source plants from UK growers wherever possible
- Focus on plants that attract pollinators
- Avoid chemicals
- Reuse and recycle
- Support ‘No mow May’
- Check carefully for bird nests before cutting shrubs and trees
- Avoid the use of strimmers to protect hedgehogs
- Enable better water efficiency and composting systems
- Incorporate specialist wildlife projects to make the most of specific outdoor spaces e.g wildflower meadow, wildlife pond, bird feeding stations
Let's Work Together
This is in no way an exhaustive list and we welcome enquiries on this particularly important aspect of our work. Please do get in touch to talk about your special space.